Thursday, May 15, 2008

i'm better now...

so...since that last word vomit over finals, lots has happend. i'm in summer school, john graduated from college, elementary school is winding down, and a long summer is soon to ensue. i wish i could say i'm excited about it, but truthfully i'm not. it's a weird place i'm in right now. it's too much to go into in a blog, but i used to get super excited over summer and vacations and sleeping in (well, i do get excited about that but i don't see that in my summer). Remember when you used to look forward to things like the ice cream truck? you would tear your mom up for 50 cents for a super bomb pop? I loved those. I have great friends leaving the country to do summer missions, one to Peru and one on a longer term to Brazil. That makes me a little sad. But I couldn't be more encouraged by their sacrifice and inspired by their love for the Lord.





It makes me a little sad to think my kids have finished one more year of school. More transition. Our family is still in transition since our house in Chattanooga (which my friend Julie Lasslo kindly refers to as Egypt) has still not sold. That's uber frustrating. So it's like we're living duel lives in a sense. One chapter can't open until one closes. So we wait...





Maybe that's why I'm not looking forward to summer. Transition is just not fun. It is what it is. So I'll just live day to day, going to school, probably work a small part time job, i'll run, cook, do laundry, hang out with my family...that' john, the kids, and tyler and marie, and make the best of it.



Here's something that will make you laugh...maybe.


0 comments: