Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ding, Ding, Ding, Da, Da, Ding, Ding (Ice Ice Baby-Too Cold Too Cold)

Pine needles surrounded by ice! John's camera is so awesome...




Isn't Ella pretty! She acts like a model when its icy outside.


I'm sitting in John's dad's animal clinic because we have no power in KY due to the incredible ice storm/hurricane that is blowing through. Its raining continuously and that keeps heaping the ice on our trees, our cars, and our much needed power lines. Right now Jeanne is the only one I know with power, so I'm pretty sure I'm hanging out with her tomorrow if the no-power thing continues. I have some pictures of my glorious time dealing with mother nature for some of you to enjoy.



I had to move this limb to get out of our long driveway.





I also got to celebrate Laurie, Aaron, and Marie's 21st birthday after church with them on Sunday. Its so neat to get to hang out with people who you invested in when they were just babes...

I remember when Justin asked me about dating Ashley, and look...an old married couple...


I've also known Whitter since she's been a 7th grader at Red House in the youth group!


I've known Marie since she's been 15. Now she's on old lady.




I found out I'm going to be doing my practicum in 2nd grade at Mayfield Elementary this semester and I won't get to meet my cooperating teacher until next week due to the no power in KY thing. I know I'm exaggerating this a speck, but I just want to be home in bed and can't be due to no electricity. I'm totally ok with going to bed at dark. I love sleep. LOVE it! But the no water thing blows.

I also missed Biggest Loser tonight which really motivates me to exercise. I love watching Bob coax his team on to victory and knowing they all work out 8 hours a day...Ahhhhh...I love it. I love the challenges. I love the ads they show. I started buying those steamer zip loc bags because of Biggest Loser. In this theme of writing, I think I'm going to run the Nashville Country Music 1/2 in April with Summer. Jeanne and Marie are pretty sure they are running it too. Its the money commitment that's tough to make right now, but I went on their website and got the marathon cold chills again, so maybe I can ask Star Bucks to sponsor me or something.

The power has gone off like 9 times and this blog has officially taken me over an hour, so I must quit! Stay warm and safe Richmond.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO GLAD YOU'RE ALIVE!! And cold. And probably smelly with no hot water. But your daughter is gorgeous - keep the boys away.

Ashley said...

HaHa! We talk about that whole dating thing from time to time. Hilarious!