Sunday, January 11, 2009

I've got one hand in my pocket and another one is...

I've been listening to Jagged Little Pill a lot lately. And I always get the order of this song in the wrong order, EVERYTIME! Everytime! Its dumb, but I kind of want to study the chorus of this song to have it right because I think its going to impress somebody, but know full well its not impressing anyone, but I will have accomplished that and can mark it off my list of "Amazing wastes of time but somehow feel like a better human being" list. Back to what's been going on...

John's birthday was Friday! He's 39. 39. One year to 40, which sounds a lot older than he makes it seem. We both talk about how we feel as young as we did in our 20's. He looks as young as he did in his 20's too. (give it up for weight training!!) We went to his mom's for a pre-birthday party where he got a great camera and then we went on to The Melting Pot in Lexington. Its a fondue place. Weirdly, I still ended up cooking our supper even though we went out, but much better cause, no dishes! He has taken a lot of pictures since Friday, so I will need to post a bunch of the kids when he will load them on the computer.

After a 2 hour night of fondue!




The kids are getting so big. I mean literally "BIG". Its hard to believe Grant will be a freshman in 6 months. Looking at Becca's sweet pictures of Kate makes me miss those sweet years and it doesn't take long for your own kids to be taller than you and able to pick you up at his leisure.

I love how Sarah is posting about her blog friends and how she knows them. Here's a picture of when I first really hung out with her and all the Chattanooga crew. This was us a couple of years ago playing spoons (one of my favorite group games because all can play at the same time and everyone still remains friends when its over...) I thought this would bless your soul, Sarah. If only I had a picture of you coming to my butts and guts class at The Rush! For those here in Richmond who don't know Sarah, you need to read her blog. She is one of the warmest girls I met in Chattanooga. She laughed a lot and has the gift of encouragement like none I know. I miss you Sarah and am thrilled for the time we did get to spend together.

Aren't you all cute but would so take you out if need be!!!


My methods/practicum start tomorrow. It's been a quick Christmas break, but only 2 semesters left until graduation!!!!! I'm not looking forward to the hectic schedule again, but am encouraged that what's happening in this semester is not really different from my actual work in Title 1. Oh yeah, the house showed twice over the weekend, so please pray for that to sell. We are anxious for this, as its been almost 18 months. Waiting can be so hard, can't it?...

One more hilarious pic of Mr. 39. He will want to kill me for putting this up, but I think John is one of the funniest people I've ever met.



More soon...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whooo hooo! I love shout outs, especially ones that make me think "surely she's not talking about me..."

Believe me, miss Martin - you will be blogged about soon. :)

Ashley said...

I would totally be impressed if you could get the order of the things the other hand was doing. Seriously. I think I just keep singing "giving a peace sign" until it actually comes up in the chorus. And yes, let's have lunch soon. Call me.

Becca Rocha said...

awwww spooooons!!! keith and i were just reminiscing about those games the other day. We had so much fun cheating, heckling, and making each other's hands bleed. (Sniff sniff...the good old days). And i don't think i've played crud since you guys were around. sad. i miss you guys.