Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Did I say consistent?

Nothing wrecks running consistency like a small virus. A weekend of promise. Of motivation.


And one gets that twinge of achy skin. The feeling that you are too tired for it to be 4 p.m. on a Sunday afternoon. Your eyes get the achy feeling of two days going to be spent laying on the couch with intermittent water/bathroom breaks and the spotty ibuprofen checks. It is what can turn the most encouragable of runners into pudding. And this is exactly what happened to me this weekend.

So I lay on my couch, with only the energy to type a quick entry to keep myself from drifting into the land of the dying, and to type for no other reason as to remember that I made a commitment. To not give up.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i so wish we lived closer because i could use a running partner like you! my husband runs literal circles around me. by the time i reach mile one he's on 5.
<><