Saturday, May 8, 2010

a recurring theme in life...

Looking back at the lack of blogging I've done just shows me the life I am living is an ever growing, ever changing, recurring one. Isn't it so true that we just let things slip in our lives and then get the friendly reminder that one needs to remember what brought you joy and gives you peace.

Well, in saying that, I have taken a year to graduate college and get my first teaching job here in Richmond, but realized I have let myself slip into a foggy haze of neglect. Neglect of what truly brings me joy. And that, ladies and gents, is exercising. Weird. Maybe sadistic. But nonetheless, i LOVE exercising. I miss the consistent feeling I have of running on a 4-5 day routine. I miss the social of friends when we are on the road and talk the first mile about nonesuch and then listen to the rhythmic breathing of each other as we get through to the end. Now, in saying this, I am not good at running. NOOOO, just the opposite, I am really bad at it. I cry, I whine, I say to myself, "you are crazy for hurting like this. why would you do this? you need to be doing laundry. you need to spend time with your kids watching them do laundry. you pee when you run, go do yoga..." Honestly, I might be the most negative runner I know. But when those miles are done, when I pushed through that hurt...ahhhhh, it brings me a satisfaction only a cold Peppermint Patty after a hot Mexican meal can :)

So I write this today, looking out a a beautiful breezy cool Saturday afternoon, in pledge that I will start the recurrence of consistency. To not do the things that bring you joy is pitiful. Even if they hurt a little. I need to a race to run and a goal to obtain. My empty calendar needs to be full of daily reminders that I am doing that which is hard, but I can do. An unset goal is a goal hit every time. So if anyone has a suggestion to get this runner off to a good start, please comment. Maybe you could goal set with me? Annnnndddddd go...

0 comments: