Monday, October 6, 2008

here's a little story I got to tell about three bad brothers you know so well...

Can you name this song? or the persons who "sing" it? you'll have blog props if you can. (John, you are not allowed to answer) This is the end of our four day weekend for Madison County and it was a fun weekend of friends and some of John's family (Joe and Laura) at our house. I wanted to play Rook, but the boys there started arguing whether Cloverfield was good or not. John had never seen it so of to Hastings they went to give John the opportunity to have a vote. So as I sat and watched it for the second time I decided, without a doubt, the WORST movie ever made. No wait, Blair Witch Project comes in there close. LOST may be this guy's only redeeming work, but I swore that show off a long time ago as well. It was still a good weekend and the icing on the cake was church Sunday morning. We had our church service outside on the property where the church will build soon and the weather was amazing and our choir might be the best I've ever heard (and that's saying something having once been a member of Red Bank). Dr. York is really something special in the pulpit, too. If you can download his sermons off of Buck Run Baptist site, you should. A great supplement to weekly devotions. John and I are talking (praying) about going to Brazil this summer with Buck Run. John has wanted see how David Hatcher "does" church there for a long time, so I hope that comes to pass for him at least. I'll keep you posted.

Molly, my sweet blue-eyed baby girl, is intrinsically becoming liberal. I've told some of you this and I joke with her about it all the time. She noticed the "Not tested on animals" logo on her Bath and Body Works lip gloss and was appalled when I told her what happens to lab animals. She said, "I think that people who create that stuff need to put it on themselves and see if they die!". She also has a hard time thinking about her name changing if she gets married one day, and once said she just won't get married. Then Saturday night at my little dinner party she pulled her colored Earth art work off the fridge and said, "Hey mom, I want to dress like in all white and be all like organic and put this picture on my chest, you know like being organic..." What? Who is this child? And what have you done with my daughter? If she mentions the Peace Corp or being vegan I really don't know what to do with that. I'll hide my hairspray and cook all my beef in the freezer, I guess.

Well, I'm going to finish watching Dancing W/ Stars. Lance Bass is my favorite, if you all are wondering. He doesn't dance that great, but he's just another player in this game for two...(that joke was bad, sorry) Is The Office on this week? Anyone know? The debates are getting in the way of my stories!

Correction: Oh yeah, I said that Extra was missing John Tesh in one of my previous blogs, I knew it was Entertainment Tonight. I meant that. Sugar Ray has Extra covered. And I'm a loser...

4 comments:

Tyler and Marie said...

Beastie Boys- Paul Revere :)

And YES!! The Office is scheduled to come on this week! I'm counting down..kind of.

This weekend was a lot of fun, and I'm glad we got to see you guys again....even if it did include watching that awful movie AGAIN!

Love you all!

Anonymous said...

so i think cloverfield has some REALLY cool parts. and some REALLY bad parts.

its cool that yall are doing that marathon, but i never run anymore.. i bought the perfect pushups and they have changed my life.

i might write a blog about them or something so you can show them to john, because they rock

Ashley said...

i love your corny jokes! and, i miss you. let's party soon. graduation is a perfect excuse. but, so is a new season, trees losing leaves, november coming soon, the weekend, my puppy... you pick the reason we party, and we'll make it happen! love you!

Anonymous said...

Molly is growing up! I loved the organic comments. I can't wait to see what she will be like when she grows up!

Btw... I'm running my first 5k (EKU homecoming) on the 25th. I think I'm going to die. haha :D