Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Random

I haven't had any time to really blog about anything and i figure hearing about school gets lame after awhile, but it is my life right now. I'm at mid-term which means only 2 1/2 semesters until I fall in rank with all my certified friends, leave the classified world, and start deciding on graduate school. Where, what, doctoral route? Ah, I'm just going to get through mid-terms right now because Jesus could return by that time.

Grant had an opportunity to survey a career site and see what he might be interested in doing later in his life. He tells us that he's going to be a professional hobo (seriously, that's the exact words--HOBO--how old is he?) Here was his list: Musician, Composer, Dancer...we both started laughing a little at this one, and then it got better. Then he said, "Mom, some other options they gave me where Vending Machine Serviceman, Animal Undertaker, or...wait for it... High School Math Teacher (we both were howling by this point). Seriously? He even said that it ruined his self-esteem to take this and being a Hobo sounds better and better to him. Have no fear...Vending Machine Serviceman is here..."Maam, is your Twix stuck? Step aside and let me work..." What college do you go to do be an Animal Undertaker?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where have you been all my life?!? :) I've been hoping you would post soon. That's hilarious about Grant's future career. I hate tests that tell you what you don't want to hear. I took a test once in early highschool to figure out what kind of pet I should get (I wanted a dog SOOO bad)- I answered honestly and you know what it said my "ideal pet" would be?... an antfarm. An antfarm? SERIOUSLY? Oh jeez. So now I live with my precious puppy and we get along JUST FINE! Don't worry - tell Grant there's hope for him yet!

Alex said...

i love that high school math teacher was in the same grouping as vending machine man and dancer. i'll be sure to tell my husband those careers are alternate options. haha!
i miss you!
<><