Friday, October 24, 2008

we're all in this together...

I'm kinda failing at my blog right now. I think about it. Like a long lost friend who is waiting for me to hang out so I'm doing that now. At 12:30 a.m. with Jay Leno in the background and my last online midterm behind me. Awesome. Tonight Julie came over and shared my weekly Office time with me and John (he fell asleep, poor thing) but we caught up and talked of Peru and gynecology in third world countries (oh, crazy health ed. grad students :) I appreciate her ability to be able to drive out to my house because I have children that need to go to bed around 10. I also appreciate her ability to help me with abstract work on health disparities. All friends should be like this!

Title of the blog, let me explain. High School Musical 3 is coming out this weekend and my girls are dying to see it (and deep down maybe I am too, well not dying like I want to see Jim Gaffigan in Louisville Dec 12 in case your looking for a gift idea dying, but a real WANT). We have even got Tyler and Marie excited? last weekend by sitting through High School Musical again. Dorky? yes. Fun? totally. Spontaneous singing and dancing is always appropriate for every situation. I've been explaining to Molly this movie is a spin off of the musical Grease. It was our High School Musical back in the early 80's. There's never an original thought anymore, is there?

I'm beginning to work at Starbucks Monday. I'm selling out to corporate coffee and cheating on MyTime purely based on a need for health insurance. Did you know one of my dreams is to own my own place? No really, I've always wanted a tea or coffee house. I want to visit with regulars and share their lives and have music and art and kids drinking hot chocolate. I would decorate for all holidays, including Columbus, MLK,and Labor Day. If the post office people are off they need a place to come! I have a name and everything. Maybe learning from the Blockbuster of the coffee industry will bring this to fruition. It really blows that there's no artwork there. I like the neutral decor, and don't forget the insurance, but truly the only really cool thing about it is the cool coffee mugs they sell and the $1,ooo coffee machines. I'm sure there will be fun stuff to tell from the coffee shop. I'll keep you posted.

I ran a 5k last Saturday and still haven't posted the pictures. Ella came in 2nd in middle school age division and one of my running partners came in 3rd for women. Our school won the overall prize for most people attending which was really cool. I'll post those and I'm going to update my blog pictures too. Maybe my music, as well. I'll do that at Starbucks. That's what you do at coffee shops, right? I'm also really trying to get back to reading a Proverb a day based on the days date. You will essentially read the book of Proverbs every month and the wisdom books are such applicable reads. Not reading much else, well health journal articles. Blah. Only 2 semesters to a certified teaching career...

7 comments:

Meredith said...

Thanks to Ashley Scriv Padg I have reconnected with you and am now trying to update myself from your blog. i can't believe how big your kids are. I still remember them as all so little. woah I just sounded like that old person who always says that about kids growing up. anyways, I hope the Martin family is well.

Meredith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

1.) I love HSM! I just watched the 2nd one for the first time this last week so that I could go see HSM3 and know what was going on! Though I think I need to recruit some younger girls to go with me so I don't feel so lame going..
2.) the soup serves 8 and it's super yummy!! (and easy)
3.) my stove is spotless because that was the first time I had ever used it. :)
4.) Alex and I don't see each other as much as we would like to, but she said that Julie was coming and I hope to get to go see her!!
5.) Jason has been coming to SPIN CLASS with me!!! It's so hardcore and so fun!! Yay!
6.) Miss your family. :(

Alex said...

oh my, soo many things which could be commented on here.
but leave it to say.... i think i'm pulling out the idiom again this year so the students can be amazed up on Signal. i am sure they've never seen it. oh yes.

and HSM3..... i am SOOO there.
<><

amandabolin said...

okay..jen. did you know that starbucks also gives to mission trips??? they take it as a tax write off? i have a missionary friend who came here this summer..and her starbucks maybe paid for her whole trip. ..........so--once you figure out the ropes...you might want to ask if they want to support a tax write off to brazil.....or however they do that......

Anonymous said...

Hey Jennifer - what are the Martin's going to be for Halloween this year??? I'm either going to be Pippi Longstocking or Sarah Palin. :) Oh yeah, and it's tomorrow and I haven't decided. Procrastination at it's best. :)

Anonymous said...

i hope her jeep makes it also. i haven't seen her since i last saw you all... it's been a while, a crazy long yet went by really fast while. i hope you're doing great, and i don't think it is bad at all that you wait two weeks to blog because my life is insane and i don't blog often either. i'd love to know an update on your favorite man. i miss you all a lot.
<><