Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Praise God from Whom All Blessings Flow...

Its official. With my 20 oz. Coke Zero, 16 oz. of Organic Mexico down, and a half eaten bag of Gardetto's (the dark rye ones are the best!), I'll be finishing finals today. TODAY! This has been the stinking longest semester of my life, no thanks to an amazing but tedious sociology course on racism. I can look ahead at the week before Christmas and breathe a sigh of academic relief. Until Jan 12 when it starts all over again and the countdown to certification starts back.

I've done some fun things over the weekend. I ran a Christmas 5-k with our Waco Loopers running club and dressed like the leg lamp off the Christmas Story. That was our theme and it was amazing. There are more pics on facebook if you want to go to Ty and Marie's page:









I call her friend for so many reasons...


Serious runner

Here are a few things I'm thinking about as Christmas draws nigh:
1. Amanda and Mary are coming back into the states soon!
2. Ashley is going to get hired at Ashland (look, I'm already well wishing for you!)
3. Ty and Marie are moving into their new home over Christmas which very well could be our new home if Chattanooga stays in its economic death bed!
4. Julie is going to go to Nashville but not stay in Nashville (right?)
5. John is going to get back to a normal schedule!
6. Grant is going to pass math!? (i'll let you know)
7. Jeanne and Summer are going to be my running partners over Christmas Break?
8. I'm going to read for pleasure over the holiday break.
9. I will get my house picked up and laundry done while on holiday.


Hooray for finals being over!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

{ s R e } said...

funny, i was just singing that song to drew last night before he went to bed and it made me think of you...ha!
i would love to be a running buddy over break. as long as i have someone to watch drew for about an hour, i'm good. :)

Tyler and Marie said...

Jenn,
This was too fun. I'd also like to run over Christmas break...in between moving and buying stuff for the house and surgeries and studying for the PRAXIS! But hey, that's not that much! If you wouldn't all wouldn't mind another running buddy, I'd be down! :) See you later!

amandabolin said...

hey there! looking forward to seeing you guys for sure :) Mary comes home today! I'll admit-i~m a little jealous that some of you guys will probably see her first and that she will see you guys first!
Congrats on finishing this tiresome semester! It's almost over!!! Amen to Coke Zero (we are all quite addicted here-I won~t lie....even myself....and i don~t even really like pop...)
so i think i~m gonna need a caramel apple cider when i return so i~ll probably be hittin the starbucks up. :) and i love that you guys did the christmas story-i laughed for five minutes at the pictures!
praying for you guys!!!!

Ashley said...

praise Him all creatures here below....

i love me some doxology.

thanks for the well wishes! i'll call you tomorrow!

Ashley said...

so, i didn't call you. it was a really, really bad night... that had nothing to do with the job status. family stuff is the worst. anyway, i'll hopefully see you tomorrow and get to talk to you more.