Thursday, December 25, 2008

O Come O Come Emmanuel

I'm relaxing on Christmas morning after a full day on Christmas Eve that started at 7 a.m. at Fayette Mall at Star Bucks. I felt like the entire Northern Hemisphere forgot to buy their Starbucks gift certificates and decided to buy them from me. Just spreading their Christmas cheer! I pretty much missed most of John's family's celebration, but got the last 2 hours of unbridled Nerf gun war between Joe and John. Upon leaving, I realized I had not been to the grocery at ALL this week because of working so much and not having any water for two days (another blog altogether), so I scurried to find some chicken and made a little Christmas Eve supper that included a peach cobbler that might have been the most vile attempt at a dessert on record. I don't know if I was just slobbering tired or just forgot key ingredients (duh!) but we made due. The kids opened a few gifts and we got to witness Ella have freak out over an IPod, Molly really wanted her own Nativity Scene (I'm propogating idol worship in my children for the holiday season, :), jokes), and Grant is rolling around Jenny's old house on a "toy" called a rip stick. It basically looks like a kayak oar on two wheels and you have to do body rolls to get it to move. I'm going to master it before I go back to school. I got John some new clothes(boring, right) from GAP because he seriously needed to fall into that (let's see who catches that one), and (drum role insert..........)I will be attending the February 20th show of JERRY SEINFELD!! I've only dropped hints about that since before Thanksgiving. It was the only thing I really selfishly wanted and we scored orchestra seating for the show. I can't wait.

I'm off to make banana-pecan pancakes and other casseroles for Christmas day all while watching the Disney Christams Parade.

God is soo good. Not just when in a time of blessing, but in all things. Praise the Lord for the incarnate God in the form of a babe. No matter how this Christmas finds you, because of the perfect gift, we know how this story will end...
Merry Christmas!!!!

0 comments: