Monday, December 1, 2008

So its your birthday, so its your birthday...Happy Birthday to you...

My birthday is tomorrow. I'll be 35. Even typing that number mystifies me. My title is what the waiters at Chi Chi's used to sing whenever it was open in Lexington. I bet most of you reading this are too young to remember Chi Chi's and that mystifies me too! I love birthdays. I mean love them. I overdo them whenever possible and if money was no expense I would Super Sweet 16 every year of a life. I usually say to whoever, "You only turn ____ once!" That's my excuse for living it up for a party. I love cake, ice cream, streamers, food, friends, music, laughing loud, blowing out candles, saying "Ohhh, you shouldn't have..." all while thinking you totally SHOULD have because birthdays are AWESOME! That's right Julie, AWESOME! Last year was a fun one because Julie made that Kit Kat Kake (I had to alliterate that)and Amanda and she cleaned my kitchen and left Gold Star Chili in my fridge. It about made my head blow off. Ty and Marie got me new running shoes and John gave me pajamas with matching slippers I wore on New Year's at the pajama party. I'm telling you, I remember birthdays.

Top Ten reasons you should love birthdays:
10. God Loves birthdays, He says, "children are a gift from the Lord" and well, if you weren't born than you wouldn't be a gift...
9. You can wear those cone shaped hats and if you are a birthday master (much like a Pokemon master) you can wear two and look like Krusty the Klown off of the Simpsons.
8. You can blow those obnoxiously loud horns right in someone's ear and its ok. Otherwise, they would punch you in the face.
7. Waiters sing at resteraunts and hate it. And that's funny.
6. People can say, "What?!!!, You're not ___! I would have never thought that" (post script...be saying that to me, that's why this one is in here!)
5. The whole day is about me. Well, except for the 3 presentations I have to do at school, and then its all about me...no wait, I have to do the kids laundry but then its all about me...
4. Cake. is. amazing.
3. Sometimes your parties are a surprise ;) (this is a wink in case some of you aren't reading into this)
2. You can go to Disney for free in 09 for your birthday! I love Disney too!
1. It's another year God has given to glorify Him, and I pray that happens in 09.

A Birthday Haiku:

It is my birthday
I lived another year strong
Isn't that cool beans?

ok, I'm going to bed now. Blowing out my metaphoric candles of the day...I'm telling you, crazy about birthdays...

4 comments:

Ashley said...

i remember chi chi's! i'm not too young! and, i think you are a birthday master. ;) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

amandabolin said...

well birthday girl. :) so sorry that i couldn't be there to help julie build another phenomenon like last year. and yes, you do throw the best birthdays...i'm thinkng of the milk and cerael party for john....that was simply priceless. i mean-where else can you drink out of a cereal straw from a milk fountain? no place that i've ever been!

only 21 more days! and let's see 29 more days until new years! this calls for a new countdown! hot dog!

i hope this year is good, blessed, beautiful, and colorful. that you grow in Christ and continue to perservere through school :) you can do it! love from brazil!!

{ s R e } said...

i hate birthdys. always have, even as a kid. since you love them so, so much, you can have mine. that's your present. man, that was the easiest present ever and i really enjoyed giving it!

Meredith said...

you crack me up. do you ever watch gilmore girls? you kind of remind me of the mom in that show...loralie.