Thursday, June 12, 2008

in the library...

didn't i tell you all i would be spending my summer in the library. well, i'm here trying to get a WIKI to download on blackboard (and it's not working) so i thought, i'll check my blog. only angie and summer are blogging so we'll just keep up with each other this way girls and comment on each other's blogs. i'm one week out on summer I and summer II starts two days later. but that's nine more hours down to me getting to educate the youth of tomorrow.

Do you all like Weezer? a kid at our school had an awesome Weezer t-shirt i always wanted to take off him and send him to the resource closet for a new tee(just so I could steal it:)
This video is hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WanLLnVixC4

So...i attended a free IFC fighting championship at rupp arena the other night (like UFC only ghetto and the guys looked like they were from Irvine, KY). Well, I witnessed an insane bikini contest that left me feeling a little more feminist than i care to be, and saw blood mopped off the floor of the "cage" by a guy in a purple suit. I'm pretty sure my IQ dropped for attending, but I didn't know.

I'm getting ready for the Bluegrass 10,ooo going on in Lexington and running when the humidity is 1,ooo percent is KILLING ME. and that a secada hit me in the head while i was running didn't help either. I just try and imagine jeanne saying, "if there's a secada infestation the morning of the race, you're just going to run with them" and i keep my feet turning.

please go see the m. night shamalan movie when it comes out friday. he's a genius. you won't be sorry (unless it's like Lady in the Water, then I apologize)

my friend Julie just sent me a letter from a town in Peru called Cordova. She's doing summer missions work in the Andes Mountains. She is 10,ooo feet above sea level and wrote about having some altitude sickness, killing a scorpion, eating interesting food that she can't refuse but not vomit yet, and how music is the primary means she is getting to translate the love of God to a people who've never heard of Jesus and don't understand her language yet. Her heart for the lost amazes me. She is already talking of wanting to stay there (which kills me) and I think she could. She is a person that knows we are all crooked deep down and there is only one hope. She encourages me with phrases about my life like,"you know jenn, even when this life sucks we know how the story ends". I'm glad to hear her summer is being served in the gospel and am thankful she is a sister of mine. Maybe she will finally eat a hot dog when she gets back :)

I'm going to get back to work. and watch people swat secada's that land on them from the window...

2 comments:

JB, Angie and Ashlyn said...

YES! I hate the secadas...I've had them on my shirt, in my car, house, on my dog, etc. They are nasty. When will they go away, anyway? See you Saturday!

{ s R e } said...

waylon eats the cicadas...sorry i can't let you borrow him, he bites children.
glad you're blogging....i'm still being a lazy butt and not running. when will this lazy streak end???
oh, yay to you for almost getting your first lick in on summer school! keep on keeping on.