Thursday, July 24, 2008

I told you I would post this...

Today is my 15th anniversary! We are going to go the the Creation Museum in Northern KY on Saturday as a continuation of the staycation, but last night we dropped Grant with his amazing great grandma and headed to Movie Tavern for eats and a movie, then off to a local Lexington coffee shop, Common Grounds. Oh, that's sweet you might be saying. Well, as Grant is my witness, here is how our amazing evening conversation started:

Jenn: You know John, I need to start weight training again instead of just running.
John: Yes you do (silence...)
Jenn: (assimilating the silence...) What is that supposed to mean?!?
John: (in his head, "i didn't mean how that came out")I'm just saying you don't have to be so hard on your body to stay slim. You won't have to run miles and miles...
Jenn: Are you saying my body feels flabby?
John: You are perfect! (actually he didn't say this but this is what I thought in my head :-)

oh, i gets better. Now mind you we had a good laugh out of this but I will end this blog with a moral...
(in the car)Jenn: You know for our 20th anniversary I want to get Rejuvaderm for these lines in my face (pointing around my mouth, don't point them out when I see you)
John: Don't you mean ReBOOBaderm (as he laughs at himself because the word association is so close, NOT)
Jenn: What is that supposed to mean? (didn't I already say that just 30 minutes before? Yep.)
John: (Still laughing) I don't mean that, I just thought it was so close sounding, so similar...ha ha ha ha ha (and he says again, "Get it,ReBOOBaderm")
Jenn: (silence)

15 second delay of laughter by John and now Grant

Jenn: Grant, please take note that when you are married 15 years, do not make jokes about the size of anything on your wife. You will remember this interlude today in the car. That is the moral Grant, don't make fun of your wife ON her anniversary, no matter how true or funny.
Grant: I'm not getting married.

That's another blog.

Seriously, we laughed and all was well. John, when you read this, one of the reasons I wanted to be married to you is because you are funny. You make me laugh and are a comfort for me to be around. Growing old with you is going to be hilarious...now let's go to Cracker Barrell...WEEEEE!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations on 15 years!! justin and i will be able to say that in just 13 more years... it's just around the corner... kind of. we miss you all and we hope to see you soon!

love,
justin & ashley

JB, Angie and Ashlyn said...

Wow...15 years! That's wonderful! I loved the conversation between you, John & Grant. That's good stuff. I hope to see you on the 31st for our teacher dinner date night.

amandabolin said...

God bless the crackhead-whoever it may be in this 15 year anniversary situation....

I went shopping with that lady(and her whole family) that I said reminded me of you--and it was just as it would be if I went with the Martin's. I'm telling you-I almost laughed so many times over the similarities....

:) I love you guys! Tell John I'm reading Spiritual Disciplines for like the millionth time (actually 2nd this year) and I met some Word of Life people (can they get us a discount, i mean really), go to caedman's-you'll love it. it will basically be free and there will probably be some free "clay county" style entertainment readily available. For real- e-mail dad if you want to stay-he already knows that ppl might be coming and he's excited.
preachermanken@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I had to google you to get your blog, but I'm glad I did. It's hilarious!! Tell everyone I said hello. Hope to see you guys soon.