Thursday, July 17, 2008

think of the summer's of the past, adjust the bass and let the alpine blast...

If you know the song of the above forementioned, then I applaud you and your taste! I have some pictures now of some of the stuff we've been doing this week. A lot of it was fun and some was just an attempt to "staycation" here in Richmond at the local free events. Last Saturday we went to a send-off celebration of a dear friend of ours, Amanda Bolin, as she embarks on an adventure of a lifetime. She is going to teach Kindergarten in Brazil. Her party was fun and all of our old youth group from John's first two churches were basically there. That is always a kinda weird thing. It's like two worlds colliding. It was a great time and she is going to be dearly missed. She coined the term "crackhead" to me. I would see her right before Sunday School at Red House, when I taught high-school girls, and she would say things like, "What's up crackhead" or "Don't act like a crackhead". I told her its now a term of endearment to me.


She is a crackhead!


We went for a hayride too!



We also took some time to visit the free concert series on Tuesday nights at the park. Some guy named, I don't even know now, was there and he really was good. The really awesome thing was that every person there was like 60 and above. The kids played in the park and I sat and waited on John to come from work. I saw my old aerobics boss there and we talked about his knee replacements and cycling. Then John came and we hung out while the sun went down. The music was nice, not like a Guns-N_Roses concert or anything, but peaceful and relaxing.




So I thought, we should do the free Richmond Historic Downtown walk on Thursday nights to keep this free gravy train rollin'. Well, it was much more fun because Grant and John were acting like crackheads and making all sorts of jokes about our historic town. John once said, "Jenn, I'm afraid someone is going to drive by and be like, dang they weren't gone that long, have they forgotten where they live..." This was basically like a Civil War reenactment but not. Like a play on the streets, but not really. Like a tour of White Hall, but no, not really. We finally left after we hit 1st street and Cassius Clay was telling us of his life and decided we would visit the amazing historic site of Casa Cafe. The historic site of Tsing Tao was too busy for our blood. If you are interested in going, it's every Thursday night at 7 p.m. I don't paint a great picture, unless the art you're thinking of is like Picasso, then it's right on the mark...


I liked her dress!


Did women suffragist wear mini-skirts? In Historic Richmond they did...


We will continue our "staycation" this week with Grant and I going to the pool with Jeanne before she travels the world again and I will be revisiting my favorite vacation spot of the summer, EKU library.

Oh yeah, I did change my hair color this week. That's exciting news. Well, for me. And the geometry test went well. And the midusmmer's night run is in two weeks. So there is plenty of action going on in the Martin house. The girls are in Myrtle Beach with grandparents and its just me, John, and Grant. There is no telling what might happen.

0 comments: