Saturday, July 19, 2008

I've got two tickets to paradise...

Oh Eddie Money, what happend to you? So I continued the "staycation" with Jeanne and her boys and Grant yesterday at the famous Paradise Cove of Lake Reba. It was going well, and by well I mean Grant and Kirt and Jake hanging out with me and Jeanne while we tried to run them off to the slides of death, and I thought, "Staying in Richmond ALLLLL summer isn't so bad." Out of nowhere the whistles blow and we are all asked to evacuate the pool. Why? Someone stooled in the pool! Seriously. Agian. For like the 4th time this summer. We watched them net "it" out of the pool and did they close? No. They shocked the pool and we had to stay out for an hour. MMMMMMMMMM. We bailed out and left because a Legends Game was waiting on Jeanne and her family via me that night.

P.S. Those free tickets scored Jim winning round trip tickets to Chicago. Like they haven't vacationed enough this year...(He "earned" them by beating a woman from California throwing toy planes through a hula-hoop. Wouldn't it have been great if he would have had to actually hula-hoop, do the Cupid's Shuffle, run the bases? If you know him, you can appreciate this)

I'm in MyTime doing homework for my finals week and wanted to plug something I found on the internet. Pandora radio is free internet radio. You get to make your own radio stations and rate your favorite music. I LOVE it.

John and I are going to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary this week. I think that's awesome. Thank all of you who have supported us since we've been back. We're excited about it this week. Grant has asked to not be included in the festivities. What's wrong with him? We are so the coolest to hang out with...

2 comments:

amandabolin said...

I agree with Grant-you shouldn't be involved in those festivities-lol. 15 years-dang yo-that is amazing :)
I'm glad to hear of all your "staycational" possibilities.......and I definitely do think you guys should come down and teach-apply for your visa right now...and you might get it by the time you graduate-maybe.
Hey-Caedman's is going to be Clay County for Labor Day weekend-it's a free concert---so that may be something you guys want to do...... :) get a group together and my parents will show ya'll around....there's even a free place for ppl to sleep if you wanted to stay all night and get up and go to his church the next morning.... (I've already cleared it with him-so all of this is a possibility) :) Love ya'll!!! Keep it real and Congrats on the big 1-5 !!!

{ s R e } said...

boy, aren't staycations nice? i hear that white lady is actually on vacation this week...wanna bust her pool? lol