Tuesday, July 8, 2008

"raindrops keep fallin' on my head"

This was the big 4th of July weekend and it got started this year with the Bluegrass 10,000 in Lexington, KY. Me, John, Tyler, Marie, Jeanne, Ragan, Joy (Jeanne's sister-in-law)and Jim all took off at 5:55 a.m. to get there, parked, and in line up. It was supppppeeerrr rainy (which I love to run in) and all of the runner's were so thankful to John (event photographer) and Tyler (event towel boy) to help us along. The race crowd was not as fun as the 1/2 marathon crowd, but the rain didn't stop some from rooting us on. I got to run next to a man dressed as Iron Man (which was crazy since he was in a full costume and I was still breathing hard in running shorts and underarmor). We ended the race with a trip to Panera for some coffee and a bagel. My time, you ask? 66 minutes. I think i've hurt my hip flexor while running this summer and had to walk one mile of the race, but still good time considering I was almost crying from mile 4-5. Marie ran a race for the first time doing this race (not many can say that!) and she ran in with my running partners!! 60 minutes. (I hate her:)

Here are some pictures:


This was my reaction when someone said, "There aren't any porta-potties until the end of the race..." uhhh....


the latest in running fashion...apple scented bags...



this is what crazy looks like on a rainy 4th morning




here I come...66 minutes later...so glad that's over...


and the reason why we run...we run to eat!!!!!

This was so fun and I appreciate john standing in the rain to take pictures (sweet him). Now the Red, White, and Boom event later was not as much fun to stand in the rain at, but I digress.

I'm in week 3 of summer school and am so ready for it to be over! This summer is flying by. John and I are still waiting on the persons to buy our home (that is something all of you can diligently pray for), so until then we are just staying in Waco and trusting God with it. There must be a reason it's not sold yet. Our good friend Amanda is leaving soon for Brazilia to teach Kindergarten and we will get to spend some time with her before she leaves this month. It's amazing to see the missionaries that God is raising up in young people. Ginger Daniels, a friend I used to teach Sunday School with, is coming to KY in August from TX and I am really looking forward to seeing her. She's one of those people who feels like home when you're around her. And she loves me in the Lord in such a unique way. I can hear her rebuke and know it is really from a heart of love and I've needed that lately. She's filling in the gap when no one has been there to do that and I thank God for her.