Thursday, August 21, 2008

addendum to below...

so, i'm posting again today. sue me. i'm having this fun banter with lasslo about how all the exercising she wants is becoming "trendy" and that makes her not want to do it anymore. so i thought, while i'm sitting in eastern's library in between an ortho appointment for Grant and picking up Ella from basketball to go to her soccer game, that the new sport we should come up with is cynicalates. Yeah, it's like stetching while you make fun of a real sport or physical activity. she is mastering this and I want to be schooled by her. julie, i made up some training for it. We could write this in a book and publish it...

Day 1: wake up at 8:45 a.m. late for masters work and think of all the people who have got up at 5:00 a.m. and ran 10 miles, without sweating or gatorade, and write down your cynical comment

Day 2: wake up at 7:00 a.m., thinking you'll get it in a bike ride but low...your $150 bike looks jank up against the bikers who have $2,000 dollar bikes AND helmets that mommies and dadddies bought for them, and its not really fixed like the bike shop said. instead, one must attend MyTime for caffiene and couch bends for hours before heading to class, meetings, games, and not exercising at all. (insert:being a grown up is hard)

Day 3: Rest...because we stayed up to watch the Olympics until 3 a.m. Watching exercise always motivates you, doesn't it?

Day 4: Try sprinting a 200 like the Olympic women from the night before but blow your hamstring because you didn't stretch enough. Riiiiiggghhhhtt....

Day 5: Rest...it is Friday after all.

Day 6: Church meetings take most of the day, and everyone asks you,"Hey, you know you should really start hiking cause I hear its good for your hamstrings or something like that..."

Day 7: Thank Goodness for the Sabbath. Rest and keep it holy.


julie, i'm going to go run some tonight after supper and laundry and putting the kids to bed, finishing the last chapter of my new book I'm not dependant, and last but not least, watching the Olympics.

John says hello.
:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

... I'm not really sure how to take this, but I'm guessing this is your way of calling me fat... thanks. I'm going to another meeting then I'm going to chew a bag of sunflower seeds... maybe all the salt will keep my hamstring from cramping tomorrow on the 8 mile run (i'm talking about going to the movie store and getting the '8 mile' movie of course... not acctually straping on my tennis shoes; that's a bit too trendy for me)
here's to flip flops and watching the olympics till 3am...
putting the "hip" back into hypocrisy,
-Julie

{ s R e } said...

oooooo, my favorite one yet. cynicism is my middle name. funny, i was laying in bed last night, not able to fall asleep, thinking of how one of my college english professors told me i was a very cynical person. i rolled my eyes and wondered why the heck he kept marking out the word "that" in all my papers....i think it was because he really didn't know what he was doing and wanted to use that red pen anyway.
here's a site for you....i qualified as a full-blown cynic. :)

http://www.blogthings.com/howcynicalareyouquiz/