Sunday, September 28, 2008

For all who are married, with children, or want to be married with children

I know I just posted like 34 seconds ago, but John just woke up from a nap. The kids are not talking to each other very nicely and this was the conversation that occurred just milliseconds after his rest was over,

Molly and Grant: "no you shut up, I don't have to do what you want, stop making fun of me Grant, (word vomit, blah, blah, awful things)"
John (with a new bowl of cereal in his hand to help him "wake up"): Grant, you must say ten nice things to/about Molly for being awful..."
Grant(droning): "Molly, you're pretty, I like the towel around your head, I think your smart to be such a dumb young baby..."
John: "Grant, stop it and say something nice..."
Me: "John, I don't claim to be the smartest or best parent but here's what I know. Sharing is not sharing unless it's voluntary and saying something nice only makes the kids dread saying positive things to one another if its forced or made..."
John: "Uh, Jenn I'm still asleep and I can't understand the words you are saying..."
Molly: "Grant, shut up and stop talking during Extreme Home Makeover..."
Me (laughing at the chaos): "I'm a senior in college in education and I know what I'm talking about..."
John:"Grant, say it or do 100 push ups"
Me:"and that will make him hate exercise..."
John (still eating cereal and not waking up):"I just want to eat cereal and children not talking"
Me: (In my head)"this will be fun to share with the world"

I LOVE my family. They. are. amazing.

2 comments:

Tyler and Marie said...

Jenn,

This is the best post ever!! I LOVE the Martin family, and miss you guys terribly! We all need to see each other again SOON! Fall breaks are soon (for more than 4.3 minutes)...

I'm up for indoor soccer, as long as we can afford it. We'll talk as soon as Tyler finds out some stuff! :)

Marie

Ashley said...

i loved it so much that i had to read it aloud to justin. we love your family so much! thanks for the day's laughter!