Thursday, September 18, 2008

I'm on the top of the world looking down on creation...

This was the #1 song the year I was born, 1973. I've been getting the most random emails with stuff like this and I delete most of them, but was curious on this one. I really thought it was going to be something like "Dirty White Boy" or "Double Dutch Bus" but no, I"m a lot older than those songs apparently. I don't care. I'm growing wiser. Wise is beautiful!

Which leads me to noticing things about beauty. I am on campus during the day with many college girls who are wearing 3 1/2 inch heels to walk across campus. I'm so not exaggerating this either. What is wrong with these girls?!!? I remember when I barely brushed my teeth to go to class when I was their age, (well, come to think of it I haven't showered today or brushed my teeth and I'm on campus so maybe I'm just gross...popping mint now...)but times have changed. These girls look like they are going out to dinner on a Weekend. I was even Greek back in the day, but saved the dressing for meetings and mandatory dress up days(which we all HATED). This shouldn't bother me, but it so does. Heels? Really? Heels at 8:00 a.m.? Do you not read anything but US Weekly or InStyle? Have you not heard how detrimental that is too your feet? At 8 a.m? Oh, you don't exercise either? Good thing because your feet are going to fall off from your Achilles Tendon being shortened. No heel striking during running for you, missy! Just grates at me...

Here's something else I love on campus, the awkward too-many-people-in-the-elevator feeling. You know, everyone is looking down (especially the girls in 3 1/2 inch heels, they can see the tops of our heads) and you barely want to tell me what floor your going to. I love that. I'm taking the stairs today, enough of that.

Spoon Bread Festival is this weekend and I'm going to work the KiS golf table for some extra cash. I love Spoon Bread. Berea is always good people watching, too. The folk art stuff there this weekend should be great!

Going to class...

1 comments:

JB, Angie and Ashlyn said...

OH..those girls will surely learn one day!
I love the spoonbread festival and it is great people watching, but I doubt I'll be attending this year. It's supposed to be great weather, too!